🖥️ Online classrooms
You will be using Zoom to host our online cohorts. Please, download the latest version of the software before the classes begin, so you can familiarize yourself with it.
All you have to do is log in with the credentials you have created upon accepting the invitation sent to your email or if you already have an existing zoom account associated with the email that you provided to Product School, log in using your existing account.
For each class, you and your students will receive a unique link 24 hours and 30 minutes before every class in your inbox. In order to access your classroom, you need to click on the link. Keep in mind that the class will not be able to join if the host is not logged in, so be sure to log in and access your class link at least 10 to 15 minutes before the start of your class. If you have any problems with the rooms or any other issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
💡Best practices for instructors
- Space setting
- Good light
- Avoid noise and echo
- Avoid distracting backgrounds/surroundings
- PS virtual backgrounds (add all PS virtual backgrounds link)
- Strong internet connection (ideally test it before the beginning of the lesson)
- Turn on the camera and microphone
- Look at the camera during the lesson (avoid looking to the side screen)
- Ask students to turn off the camera at the beginning of each lesson and the microphone whenever they are participating in class (indicate they shall turn it on for participating)
- Monitor chat and hand raise functions constantly (or turn them off)
- For breaks
- Announce both the duration of the break and the hour to come back
- Silence all microphones
- Turn off videos
- Do not leave or end the meeting
- Make sure no students are left alone in breakout rooms (set to a minimum of 2 students per room)
- Show time left for activity (zoom function)
- Show 1 minute left warning (zoom function)
⚙️ Tools available in Zoom to enhance your teaching experience:
- Basic features: Zoom basic features
- Breakout rooms (for all in-class group activities): Getting started with breakout rooms
- Whiteboard: How to create a whiteboard and How to share a whiteboard
- Share screen: How to share your screen, Screen sharing with Powerpoint & Take notes on a shared screen
- Non-verbal Feedback: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001286183-Nonverbal-Feedback-DuringMeetings
- Annotation: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-on-a-shared-screenor-whiteboard
- Chat: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat
- Polling: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/213756303-Polling-for-Meetings
📸 Zoom Features
Please make sure you have the latest version of Zoom application to enjoy these features:
- Video filters
- You can apply video filters to alter the look of your video with color grading, and foreground and frame filters.
- Share PowerPoint as Virtual Background in Beta
- You can select a PowerPoint file to use as your virtual background and move through the slides with the left and right arrows. This option is under Share Screen in the advanced options. It is currently a beta feature.
- Adjust Touch Up My Appearance
- You can adjust the skin smoothness applied with the Touch Up My Appearance feature.
- Adjust video brightness
- You can choose to adjust the brightness of your video automatically or manually with a slider in your video settings. This feature is useful in low-light environments.
- Improved background noise suppression
- You can adjust the background noise suppression applied, choosing to enable Low, Medium, High, or Automatic background noise suppression.
- Settings for hardware acceleration for screen sharing and whiteboard
- You can now choose to enable hardware acceleration for screen sharing or whiteboard individually.
- Share files with Microsoft SharePoint
- Attendees can now share files from SharePoint directly through in-meeting chat
- Additional meeting reactions
- In addition to the clapping and thumbs-up reactions, meeting participants can now react with a heart, surprised face, laughing face, or party emoji. Those receiving the reactions will also need to have the latest version of the Zoom client to see them.